Catching up

The Friday before last (Sept. 5th) Elise, Travis, his girlfriend, Sarah and I went to the Dobie Theater to see Step Into Liquid. If you don’t see the movie, at least watch the trailer) Awesome movie. The cinematography is excellent. Elise went back to work. Travis, Sarah and I went back to my apartment, played the geetar and had a mini-PS2-playing marathon.

*Remembering the Dobie* The last time I was at the Dobie Theater, I was with Elise and our friend, James. We saw The Blair Witch Project. That scared us to death. At that time, the Dobie had curtains draped from the walls. The whole time we all kept thinking that something was going to come out from behind the curtains and kill us.

We were in my Rodeo, driving home, while James told us about the school children that supposedly push stalled cars off of the rail road tracks in San Antonio. Way to rub salt in the wound, James. James didn’t want to leave our apartment that night. We stayed up and kept scaring each other with stories.

Anyway – the Saturday before last (the 6th), I stayed in most of the day. No thanks to John, I purchased a 10GB iPod on eBay. Now I have to sell the Archos Jukebox Recorder. Once I download XPlay (or iTunes if it seems better), I’m sure I’ll be much happier with my iPod.

Later that night I met up with Tommy, Victor, Fred and Mike for a couple drinks at Opal Divine’s. We then went bar hopping on 6th Street. Elise called me when she was leaving work. I rode the trusty Shadow home to spend some time with my wife seeing how I never see her any more.

We stayed in all day on Sunday and talked. We talked and talked and talked. I shocked myself by remembering a pivotal point in my life, just prior to meeting Elise. It was a really low point in you humble narrator’s past. Elise and I discussed fate and how we were in the right place, at the right time, when we met. It was an interesting recollection and revelation.

Last week’s work week flew by. We went to a VIP party at the El Arroyo on 183. That was a lot of fun. We were able to sample most of the new menu items.

Elise went to work at 8:30 a.m. on Friday morning. She came home at 6:00 a.m. on Saturday to take a shower and go back to work. Her work day wasn’t over until roughly 2:30 a.m. on Sunday. I think Elise calculated 38 hours of work.

I went to work on Saturday morning to start a differential backup on our file server. I also wrote a long love letter to Elise. I went to CompUSA and bought a camera back for our PowerShot S400. I then went home to witness UT get creamed by Arkansas. Later that night I went to Tommy’s to watch Oscar De La Hoya wrongfully lose to Shane Mosley.

Elise and I woke up on Sunday and returned the van that she had rented for work. We (Elise) had lunch a Z’ Tejas. I suddenly came down with a terrible case of what felt like someone shoved an epileptic mongoose with a five gallon tank of ether and a cigarette in my stomach. We went home because I was feeling so bad. Elise took a nap. When she woke, I was finishing watching the very manly Payback, starring Mel Gibson. We changed the channel and watched, in its entirety, the very unmanly Hope Floats, starring Sandra Bullock. I cried, became bloated and my ankles swelled. Oh wait… nevermind.

Elise and I celebrated five years of togetherness yesterday. I had a nice bouquet of seasonal flowers sent to her work. With that I had delivered the letter that I had written on Saturday. We had dinner at El Arroyo, came home and played Monopoly.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.