The 2018 Christmas Newsletter can be downloaded by clicking on the image below:
Creamy garlic soup (immunobooster)
The girls are sick. Doctor told us to eat a bunch of garlic. Soup. Garlic. Sick people. Good.
- 4 bulbs roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large or medium yellow onion
- ~Teaspoon dried thyme
- ~Teaspoon dried basil
- ~Tablespoon dried oregano
- ~Tablespoon dried tarragon
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup (8 oz) heavy whipping cream
- Kosher (coarse) salt and freshly ground pepper
- Roast the garlic bulbs. Don’t know how to roast garlic? Look it up. I did 400º for ~30 minutes.
- Chop the onion.
- Saute the onion with the butter in a pot for 5 minutes.
- Add the herbs to the pot.
- Add the garlic to the pot.
- Add the chicken stock to the pot.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Immersion blender the stuff in the pot until smooth.
- Add the heavy cream.
- Bring back to a simmer for some minutes.