They say if you change 3 ingredients, you can call a recipe your own. This strawberry ice cream recipe originally calls for sliced strawberries (we pureed ours because I prefer strawberry ice cream sans the fruit chunks), vanilla extract (we omitted), and we added chunks of frosted sugar cookies to make our own Frosted Sugar Cookie Strawberry Ice Cream!
This recipe was adapted from our Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker’s recipe book [buy ice cream maker from Amazon].
Frosted Sugar Cookie Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 pint ripe strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup suger, divided
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3-5 frosted sugar cookies (frozen)
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries, lemon juice and 1/3 cup sugar; stir and let strawberries macerate for 2 hours.
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine the whole milk and remaining 2/3 cup sugar until sugar dissolves. Stir in heavy cream.
- Blend macerated strawberries until smooth.
- Combine cream and strawberry puree in ice cream maker’s bowl.
- Mix in ice cream maker for at least 30 minutes.
- Add chunks of frosted sugar cookies and stir to mix in.
- Pour into freezer safe container and freeze for at least 2 hours.